“Put your magazine down, and become your own centerfold”– That’s the promise that Shredz ‘Fat Burner for Women’ guarantees to its avid consumers.
But how do you know the fat burners you are ingesting on a daily basis are working for you, and not against you? Are the products you’re taking sold to you through flashy advertising and marketing? Or are they backed up with scientific studies? Are they safe for everyone to use? And ARE THEY REALLY used by the very athletes and ambassadors who promote them?
Below is a list of ingredients that contain little, if not any, actual proven fat burning benefits. If your fat burner and pre-workout contains any of these ingredients, specifically in their proprietary blend, you should reconsider what you are taking. These ingredients are usually fillers or artificial ingredients added to make the label look more interesting and to add bulk to the ingredients list – The other downside is - they can be harder for your body to digest, they promote ‘unfavorable cancer causing estrogens’, and additionally INHIBIT fat loss!
- Irvingia Gabonensis Seed (African Wild Mango): This is thought by some to be an appetite suppressant, thanks to the fibre content in the seed. However, studies are limited, and many have been funded by the supplement companies, which brings into question the validity of the study.
- Yohimbine HCL: Stimulant with aphrodisiac effects often marketed for sexual dysfunction. Some studies have claimed that Yohimbine HCL can promote fat loss in athletes but there is simply no clinical evidence that it works. Small amounts of Yohimbine can raise blood pressure and Yohimbine bark is on the FDA list of dangerous supplements.
- Citrus Aurantium (50% synephrine): This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. Citrus Aurantium can cause heart problems and strokes should definitely be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions
- B Phenylethylamine also known as PEA: This organic compound is linked to amphetamines and has a similar effect upon brain chemicals for a short time. It can cause a short-lived “rush” of around 10 -15 minutes before the effect passes. PEA is a naturally occurring compound and is an uncontrolled substance, which means it is often included in supplements because of its mild euphoric effects. However, side effects are common and include heartburn, nausea, constipation and mild headaches. May cause a short-term mood lift but no benefit for weight loss and potentially unsafe.
Have you checked your fat burner to see if it contains any of the above? Because it has been proven that many of the top supplements companies on the market are selling these to you without you even being aware. Why? Because they are cheap, and they increase the profit margins for these companies. These companies know that the less their products work, the more you’ll need to buy! So what are the ingredients that you should be looking for? What are the ingredients that are not only going to assist you with shredding unwanted fat, but also help you to maintain a healthy body equilibrium?
Here's what you SHOULD be looking for in the ingredients list of effective fat burners:
- Raspberry Ketones: A chemical from red raspberries that assists with weight loss. Raspberry ketones cause the fat within cells to be broken down more effectively, helping the body burn fat faster. They also increase levels of Adiponectin, a hormone that helps to regulate metabolism.
- AmpiBerry: AMPiberry™ is taken from a form of Juniperus communis (common juniper). It is known to decrease water weight, assist in fat loss and provide a smooth energy curve when paired with caffeine.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: This is the powdered form of caffeine, and is commonly used as an additive to nutritional supplements and weight loss pills. In most cases it comes from the same places as ordinary caffeine does; coffee beans, tea leaves, and guarana berries, to name a few. Research has shown that caffeine increases energy expenditure and thermogenesis without increasing protein or carbohydrate metabolism. This means caffeine can help you tap into stored fat without burning up the muscle protein or glycogen that is keeping your muscles looking full and dense.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Garcinia cambogia, also known as tamarind, is a fruit that grows in Southeast Asia. It boosts weight loss by, among other things, "slowing the body's ability to absorb fat," and even improving your mood and suppressing "the drive to react to stressful situations with food." How, you may ask? It's mostly pinned on hydroxycitric acid (HCA), a substance found in Garcinia Cambogia that appears to inhibit an enzyme called Citrate Lyase and interferes with fatty acid metabolism.
- DIM: DIM stands for Diindolylmethane (pronounced: dye-in-dollmethane), a natural plant nutrient found in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables. DIM shifts estrogen metabolism to the 2-hydroxy pathway, resulting in healthier estrogen metabolites and restored hormonal balance. Estrogen broken down in this pathway results in metabolites responsible for many of estrogen's undesirable actions, including weight gain and an increased risk of breast and other gynecological cancers. DIM acts like a "traffic cop," guiding used estrogen down the 2-hydroxy pathway.
- Calcium D-Glucarate: is a patented form of D-glucaric acid complexed with calcium. Calcium-D-Glucarate's detoxifying and immune support properties are attributed to its ability to eliminate toxins from our liver and intestines.
Taken separately, the above ingredients can start to become an expensive investment.. Fortunately, there is a fat burner on the market that has combined all of these ingredients – Recon Nutrition Thermonuke PinkOps – The only fat burner that has been approved for use by a stage three Breast Cancer survivor, is approved for military consumption, and has pure, clean and scientifically backed ingredients.
Quickly becoming one of the most popular fat burners on the market, Recon Nutrition PinkOps has made its mark in the supplement world. Pink Ops guarantees optimum slimming and thermogenic results, while also acting as a stimulant and appetite suppressant all in one..... Don't wait, get yours now!
Articles and Sources:
http://authoritynutrition.com/do-raspberry-ketones-work/ http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/garcinia-cambogia-is-no-miracle-weight-loss-pill/index.htm http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1262-raspberry%20ketone.aspx?activeingredientid=1262&activeingredientname=raspberry%20ketone http://www.needs.com/product/HWC06-HER-01/htc_Calcium_D_Glucarate http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat-loss-hope-or-hype-the-truth-about-garcinia-gambogia.html http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find_fat_burners.htm http://www.needs.com/product/HWC06-HER-01/htc_Calcium_D_Glucarate